Lemon cake with black tea
1 1/2 unbleached white flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup grape seed oil
1 cup cane sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons of English Lunch tea from BU by Espace Thé
- Infuse the tea in milk at 90 degrees for 3 minutes. Strain and cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a pyrex dish.
- Zester the lemon. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze to extract the juice. Reserve.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the lemon peel.
- Using an electric blender, reduce the butter and sugar to cream in another bowl. Then add the mixture of dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs, infused milk and lemon juice. Stir in all the ingredients together until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the dough into the pyrex dish and bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before unmolding. Cool completely on a rack and serve.